Monday, February 3, 2014

I am excited today!  And I am scared ...check out the pic of what I got today!  I started a journey 4 years ago to re-invent myself.  To change my future by improving my health one step at a time.  This journey has taken back to my first passion...movement...as in exercise.  I danced for many, many years!  Ballet, Tap and Jazz were my favorites...nothing like some of the dancers I see today on my favorite show...So You Think You Can Dance!  But for that time, I was always dancing!  And when I married in 1979 and moved to TX with my Army husband, I couldn't find a ballet school I wanted to go to.  That's when I discovered Fitness Clubs!  And Aerobic Dancing...some of you may remember Jackie Sorenson!  Or maybe not!  I changed my focus from just dancing to teaching dance as exercise.  I taught then for several years in Germany and in KS after that.

So along came to amazing sons, t, and found hen a full time J.O.B., entered the corporate banking world !  And my passion and "first" love became too hard to fit in.  Have you ever said that to yourself?  "Too hard" to fit in consistent daily movement....we all say it!  And we use that as the mantra for why we are slowly creeping up in weight, why those jeans must have shrunk in dryer, why we have no energy!  And the business of life has us eating while driving a lot!  And then life happens to change...your health isn't what it used to be, You don't like looking in the mirror, shopping for clothes, "eek" wearing a bathing suit!  I have been there!

In 2009 that all changed for me...I found that I had to change my lifestyle to get my life and health back.  And I started searching and reading and trying all kinds of things.  That's when I found XANGO and began to find my health again.  Weight lightened, jeans fit better, more energy was mine AND then I felt comfortable going back to the gym (fitness center) again!  And the more I did, the more I knew I had to teach again and share all I had learned on my journey!  And this past week I did it...finished the study and became a Certified Personal Trainer!

AND soon I will teach again!  I will pray that I am a good example to others who are where I was.  Be an example to others who have been making excuses.  No now seriously...I am not "thin" by the current       standards...but I am healthy and I am happy!  Isn't that really what we all want to be...healthy and happy!  
So here goes...at 57 I am re-writing my future!  





Want to know more about XANGO...visit  www.mymangosteen.com/clove
And if you are a Facebook fan - Find me at : ImagineFit

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have moved....if you landed here we have a new site!                     www.imaginefit.biz/blog/               Come on over ...